Our family just lost our cat D.J. This is the first pet we've lost and it was unexpected. It got me thinking about all the family pets I've had and the sadness that comes when they pass away. Of course, as an adult you know its inevitable that one day the pet you love will be gone. However, what has struck me most is watching the pain my children are feeling. To realize their cuddly, furry friend is gone. I know that with time it will get easier for them but all I want to do is wrap them in my arms and let them cry.
You realize that your pet is a part of your family. You miss all the things that drove you crazy and wish that you could cuddle them one more time. It's all part of life. A time to live and a time to die, but when it happens it still takes you by surprise.
We miss our little furry family member but the memories with him will live on. The kids will be o.k. and we'll cherish each other a bit more tonight.
In memory of our D.J.
No comments:
Post a Comment